Compost bins and heaps take up little space, but if used properly can provide you with a steady supply of nutrient-rich compost to use in the garden. That said, there are some practises that can slow down the composting process, or even cause it to cease completely. Composting is all about achieving the right balance of carbon-rich (woody) and nitrogen-rich (green, leafy) material. In this video No Fuss Guide, David Hurrion explains some of the most common issues gardeners encounter with composting, and how to remedy them.
More composting content:
- Types of compost bin (video guide)
- Choosing compost for propagation (video guide)
- How to make a compost scoop
Watch this video No Fuss Guide for advice on solving common problems with composting.
Need a new composter? Check out our expert guide to tried and tested compost bins. If you’re in a hurry, here are quick links to the Best Buys:
- Buy Blackwall Compost Converter at Even Greener
- Buy Modular Wooden Compost Bin at Amazon
- Buy Green Johanna 330 Litre Hot Composter at Primrose